The primary mission of Bichon Rescue of Orange County (BROC) is to help Bichons and other small breeds that can no longer be cared for by their owners. This includes those who have owners with circumstances that challenge their ability to care for their companion. We have successfully rehomed pups with many stories. Often times senior pet owners find themselves unable to complete the daily tasks necessary to care for their pups. Families reach out to us when they find themselves with the beloved bichon of a parent who may not have made provisions in the event of their death or disability. Finally, in this day of financial uncertainty, there are those who just cannot afford to care for their bichon in the manner they know to be best. We consider the circumstances of each surrender. We are committed to finding your companion a new home where they can be cared for and loved for the rest of their life – with a family that is a perfect match.
We ask for a $250.00 donation when you surrender your dog to us for re-homing, however, the donation is assessed individually on a case-by-case basis depending upon the age and health status of the dog, the necessary expense to prepare the dog for adoption, and, the circumstances of the family. If you are requesting that BROC consider your dog, he or she should be groomed, current with vaccinations, spayed or neutered, and ready to become a part of a forever family. You will need to provide medical records as well as contact information for your veterinarian. Once we review your Owner Surrender Information Form, Animal Profile Sheet, and medical records, we will contact you to arrange a time to evaluate your dog. A recommended donation amount will be discussed following the evaluation.
Our Re-Homing process will include the following steps:
- Owner completes the Owner Surrender Information Form
- Owner sends photos of their dog to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner completes the Animal Profile Sheet
- Owner sends medical records for their dog to email@example.com
- BROC contacts the owner to schedule an appointment to interact with the dog, review
- vet records and perform temperament assessment.
- BROC determines if the dog will be accepted into the rescue.
- BROC will make arrangements for the transfer of the dog.
Animal Profile Sheet
Please download the animal profile sheet to fill it out.