The primary mission of Bichon Rescue of Orange County (BROC) is to help Bichons and other small breeds that can no longer be cared for by their owners. Although we concentrate our efforts on those in shelters or who have been abandoned or rejected, we realize that there are families who may no longer be able to care for them. We review and evaluate each surrender based on the information provided.
The surrender donation starts at $200 for each dog surrendered 10 years of age or under. The surrender donation for dogs over 10 years of age starts at $1000. The donation is assessed on a case by case basis depending upon the age and health status of the dog, the necessary expense to prepare the dog for adoption and the circumstance of the family. If you are requesting that BROC consider your dog, he or she should be groomed, current with vaccinations, spayed or neutered, and ready to become a part of a forever family. We will contact you to arrange a time to evaluate your dog and will advise you of the surrender donation following evaluation.
Our surrender process will include the following steps:
- Owner completes the Owner Surrender Information Form and sends to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner sends photos of their dog to email@example.com
- BROC contacts the owner to schedule an appointment to interact with the dog, review vet records and perform temperament assessment.
- BROC determines if the dog will be accepted into rescue.
- BROC will make arrangements to pick up the dog from the owner.